Tara Bolton, Outreach Social Worker
Lori LaCapra, Outreach Social Worker
Outreach Services exist to provide support and information to Glastonbury's youth. To achieve this, prevention and intervention programs are offered and include:
- PEER EDUCATION: Peer Educators are trained high school students available with information and resources to help other students.
- GROUPS: Throughout the year, groups are available as needed. Past groups have included: stress management, support and recovery, and guidance support.
- THE WACY PROGRAM: The Welles Village Activities Council for Youth is a summer program for youth ages 7-12. Area teens age 13 and older receive leadership training and supervise youth in a playground setting with summer activities.
- COMMUNITY OUTREACH: Outreach Services are offered to the community to provide support. The Outreach Social Worker is available to make topic related public presentations, as well as, meet with youth informally to talk during and after school hours. The Outreach Social Worker can be reached by visiting Youth and Family Services; calling the agency or asking a school staff member.
- INFORMATION: Glastonbury Youth and Family Services staff are available to the community for teaching, consultation, and public speaking. To find out about our programs or to reach a staff member, please call (860) 652-7661.