2380 New London Turnpike
Glastonbury, CT 06033
About the Fleet Maintenance DivisionThe Fleet Maintenance Division is one of three divisions of the Department of Physical Services under the direction of the Town Engineer / Manager of Physical Services. This division is responsible for providing all routine preventive maintenance and repair work on the Town’s fleet of over 300 pieces. This includes a wide variety of vehicles ranging from general purpose cars and police cruisers to school buses, fire apparatus, heavy trucks, and construction equipment.
Our ServicesThe principal programs, services and activities offered by this division are:
- Provide all routine, unplanned, and mandated maintenance on the Board of Education school bus fleet.
- Provide detailed specifications for new vehicle and equipment purchases by the Physical Services Department as well as other Town departments.
- Administer a computerized fleet management and cost-tracking system.
- Maintain environmental compliance for the garage facility and fluid handling processes.
- Provide technical guidance to other Town departments relative to vehicle-related decisions and purchases.
- Ensure compliance with State of Connecticut vehicle emission program.
- Install all emergency equipment in new police cruisers providing a state-of-the-art police vehicle.