Step 1: Notary Public Commissions are issued by the Secretary of the State’s Office in Hartford. Notary Public Manuals and Applications are available on the Secretary of State's website or in the Town Clerk’s office in Town Hall.
Step 2: Notaries must record your commission at the Town Clerk’s office in the town where you reside.
Step 3: (Optional*) You may also choose to record your commission in the town where you do business.
The following fees will apply throughout the application process:
- Original commission of Notary Public: $20.00
- Renewal commission: $20.00
- Change of name only: $15.00
- Change of name and address within town: $15.00
- Change of name and address to a new town: $10.00
- Change of address within town: $0.00
- Change of address to new town: $10.00
- Optional business address filing: $10.00