Birth, Marriage, Civil Union, Death Certificates, Burial Permits & Genealogy

Click one of the links below:
Birth Certificate - Certified Copy
Marriage/Civil Union Licenses & Certified Copies
Death Certificate - Certified Copy
Burial Permits
Genealogists Access to Vital Records

Copies of Vital Records certificates must be certified by the Town Clerk at the time of issuance. 

Requester's valid government issued Photo ID such as a Driver's License or Passport is REQUIRED when requesting certified Birth, Death or Marriage records.  If Photo ID is not available, two (2) of the following can be submitted:

  • Social Security Card
  • Written verification of identity from employer/pay stub
  • Valid Automobile Registration
  • Voter Registration Card
  • Bank Statement or Checking Acct Deposit Slip with name and address
  • Utility Bill with name and address
  • Military Discharge Papers
  • Current School or College Photo ID
  • Gov’t issued photo ID that has expired within 12 months prior to the date of request
  • Valid Government issued Trade or Professional license
  • Valid Government issued Firearm Permit
  • Probation documents issued by a court or other government agency, pursuant to a criminal conviction
  • Letter from a government agency verifying identity.Must be dated within six months prior to the date of the request
  • Release documentation from a correctional institute containing a photo of the former inmate and a release date within 12 months prior to the date of the request


For Vital Records that require an Apostille Certificate:
Visit the State Of Connecticut, Department of Public Health Vital Records site.

Information on Amendments to Vital Records can be found at:
The State of Connecticut, Department of Public Health - Vital Records Division.

If you require a change or correction to your legal name:
Please contact the Probate Court or Superior Court in your jurisdiction.

How Do I Request...