Coronavirus Schedule - Updated 3/23/2020
The Transfer Station will be open TUESDAYS and SATURDAYS FROM 7:00 AM to 3:00 PM and WEDNESDAYS from 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM. until further notice. During this time, ONLY the following will be accepted:
- HOUSEHOLD TRASH
- LEAVES and GRASS CLIPPINGS
- SINGLE STREAM RECYCLABLES, if brought in when depositing trash as well.If you are only looking to deposit single stream recyclables (not trash as well), recyclable can be dropped off anytime at town Satellite sites located at the rear of Town Hall or adjacent to Fire Company #4.SINGLE STREAM RECYCLABLES include - Paper Products (newspapers & inserts, magazines, cereal/pasta boxes, paperback books, junk mail, corrugated cardboard); Food & Beverage Containers, (glass & metal, jars, bottles and cans, aluminum foil, waxed cartons, plastic bottles, containers and tubs), etc.
At this time, all schedule modifications will remain in effect until further notice, and any changes will be posted as applicable.
Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Saturday, 7:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. (View Holiday Schedule here)
2020: Extended hours for Transfer Station ONLY:
- Daylight Savings Time Period: Wednesdays ONLY: 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Commencing March 11, 2020.
- NOTE: Modified Wednesday hours for the last six (6) weeks of Daylight Savings Time (Sept. 23, 2020 - Oct. 28, 2020) are 7:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m.
The Town of Glastonbury does NOT collect refuse or recyclables. Residents may contract with a residential private hauler or bring their refuse and recyclables to Glastonbury's Transfer Station facility. Acceptable items include household refuse, recyclables, leaves and grass, and larger items such as mattresses and couches.
Permits are required to use this Facility.
Please review our Waste Disposal Guidelines for general information and permit fees.
- Paper Products
- Food & Beverage Containers
- Scrap Metal
- Wax containers
- Corrugated Cardboard
- Leaves & Grass Clippings
- Aerosol Cans
- Lead Acid Batteries
- Rubber Tires
- Waste Motor Oil & Filters