The Town of Glastonbury has completed the property revaluation for the October 1, 2017 Grand List. A revaluation determines the current fair market value of all real estate in town, both commercial and residential. It equalizes the values of all properties for the purpose of a fair distribution of the tax burden.
The major phases of a municipal revaluation are typically performed in the following order:
- Data Collection, which involves physical inspections of properties.
- Market Analysis, which involves analyzing market sales occurring in the previous two years.
- Valuation, pertaining to the results & conclusions of sales data.
- Field Review, which involves revaluation company personnel driving through Glastonbury and reviewing all properties to update the Assessor’s database.
- Informal Hearings, which are an opportunity for owners to discuss value & property information with revaluation company personnel.
A detailed explanation of the revaluation process, as well as answers to frequently asked questions, may be found on the Vision Government Solutions website at www.vgsi.com
PLEASE BE ADVISED: The above website reference contains data accurate only through 6-13-2018. For current information always refer to the Town of Glastonbury's GIS Maps and Property Data link found on the Town's home page.