CONGRATULATIONS TO MADELYN BERGIN, THE 2019 SHIRT DESIGN CONTEST WINNER!!
CONTEST DETAILS BELOW:
Glastonbury Parks and Recreation is seeking a design that will be used on the front of the 2018 Santa’s Run shirts. The design will also be featured on the Santa’s Run website and in social media and marketing related to promotion of the event. The design may be used on awards, plaques, ornaments or other items provided to race participants and division winners.
- The design should reflect the theme of the event, a 3.5 Mile Race held in December during the holiday season
- The design must be the original work of the submitter
- The design must be created as a black and white outlined drawing
- The design should be simple enough so that all elements are discernable when the image is reproduced digitally
- Black and white outlined drawing on white paper size 11x17. Artwork in this format must be dropped off at the Glastonbury Parks and Recreation Department, 2143 Main Street, Glastonbury CT (Monday-Friday between 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.)
- Black and white outlined computer generated .jpg (for quality reproduction purposes, the winning entry submitted in this format must later be submitted in a scalable vector graphic format (EPS)). Artwork in this format must be e-mailed to email@example.com with the subject line “Santa’s Run Shirt Design Contest”
- All entries must also include a completed copy of the Official Entry Form
The Santa’s Run shirt design contest is open to amateur artists and designers ages 12 and up.
October 5, 2019 at 4:30 p.m. Submissions after this time delivered to the office or by e-mail will not be considered.
A committee comprised of Glastonbury Parks and Recreation staff. The committee will narrow down the initial entries to a manageable amount and those chosen will be judged for adherence to the theme, ease of reproduction and creativity. The winner will be notified no later than Friday, October 12, 2019.
The Glastonbury Parks and Recreation Department will acquire ownership of the winning design. Paper submissions will be reproduced digitally by a graphic artist. The designer agrees to allow minor changes to the design when required for reproduction purposes. The designer agrees to allow text and sponsor logo to be added to the original design. By submitting a design for entry, the designer acknowledges that he/she is the person that created the design and that the design does not violate any copyright.
The winning design will be featured on the 2019 Santa’s Run shirt. The winning designer will receive a long sleeve cotton shirt with the design imprinted and a free entry into the 2019 Santa’s Run.