Riverfront Music Series - Expanded!
Head down to Riverfront Park on Wednesday nights all summer long to enjoy some great music! Bring your family, friends, lawn chairs, blankets and dancing shoes for a great summer evening of outdoor fun. Pack a picnic lunch or purchase dinner, drinks, and ice cream from one of the several fine purveyors of local food. A series of free, outdoor concerts beginning at 7:00 p.m. on the field behind the Riverfront Community Center on Welles Street.
- June 19: Children’s Performance & Camp Kickoff (6:00 p.m. start)
- June 26: Glastonbury Town Band Patriotic Music
- July 3: Entertainment TBD
- July 10: Headline Concert - Shaded Soul
- July 17: Headline Concert - White Wedding
- July 24: Headline Concert - Maxxtone
- July 31: Headline Concert - ETA
- August 7: Glastonbury Town Band Movie Magic
- August 14: Glastonbury Town Band Broadway
- August 21: Glastonbury Town Band World of Music
Headline concerts are co-sponsored by the Glastonbury Parks and Recreation Department and Connecticut River Valley Chamber of Commerce. Festivities take place at the Welles Street Riverfront Park on the lawn behind the Riverfront Community Center (200 Welles Street). Free shuttle services available from 180 & 200 Glastonbury Boulevard (adjacent to Somerset Square). Shuttles run from approximately 5:45-9:30 p.m. Handicap parking is available at the Community Center.
- Cancelation Information: In the event of inclement weather please call (860)652-7689 to see if the concert has been canceled.
- Smoking Policy: The concert venue is a smoke and tobacco product free venue. There is however, a smoking area designated at the north side of the portable toilets adjacent to the banks of the Connecticut River.
- Dogs: Please be mindful that this event attracts thousands of people each evening. Town ordinances require dogs be leashed or tethered on Town property and under the control of the owner. If at all possible, it might be best to leave Fido at home for a few hours.
Band: Shaded Soul
Genre: Music spanning decades including R & B, Motown, Funk Soul, Jazz, Reggae, Swing, Rock, Pop, Disco and Top 40.
High energy fun you don't want to miss!
Date: Wednesday, July 10
Band: White Wedding
Genre: 80’s Tribute
Sure to be a crowd pleaser!
Date: Wednesday, July 17
Genre: Classic, Pop & Rock
You'll surely be entertained as you dance the night away!
Date: Wednesday, July 24
Genre: Music from 40’s swing to today’s top 40 contemporary hits
They rocked the house last year - A sure bet!
Date: Wednesday, July 31
Glastonbury Farmers Market
Local Farmers will join the festivities on Wednesday nights setting up booths to sell their locally sourced products. Enjoy one stop shopping to purchase fresh, high-quality produce and other specialty items. You can pick up local produce and other fine products to enjoy at home! Click HERE for more information!
Children’s Performance & Camp Kickoff
A special Riverfront Music Series concert just for kids! Bring the family for a fun night of kids music and those who are attending our summer camp programs can meet camp staff.
Join the Town Band
The Glastonbury Town Band consists of professional & amateur musicians who play together for 4 concerts/ year. New band members welcome. Attend rehearsal ready to play on Sundays, 7:00-9:00 p.m. June 23, July 28 and August 4, 11 and 18 at the GHS Band Room.
Please Check Back for Updates! Interested in becoming a sponsor? You can by clicking HERE!
Please Check Back for Updates! Interested in becoming a vendor? You can by clicking HERE!