Director of Human Resources
Phone: (860) 652-7501
Fax: (860) 652-7505
Office Location: 2nd Floor of Town Hall
How Can We Help You?
The principal programs, services, and activities offered by this division are:
- Employee selection, including new hire recruitment and internal promotions
- Benefits administration, including health, dental, long-term disability, life insurance, pension, workers’ compensation, unemployment compensation; and family and medical leave
- Labor relations and contract administration/negotiation
- Compensation administration and Fair Labor Standards Act classification
- Performance management
- Employee relations
- Health and safety
- Training and development
- Record keeping
- Compliance with state and federal employment laws and related guidelines
- Policy review and development
Mission StatementIn support of the Town Of Glastonbury’s Vision and Goals and Objectives, it is the Human Resource’s Mission to support the total organization by providing solutions to workplace issues that support and optimize operating principles enabling employees to contribute at optimum levels. This will be accomplished through developing and implementing policies, programs and services in all personnel operations with integrity, responsiveness and sensitivity to employees and other customers.
Goals and Objectives Fiscal 2016-2017
Continue with Phase II of MUNIS System integration of key employee data, including, pension enrollment date, benefits/beneficiary information, workers’ compensation, training data; implement Applicant Tracking and Position Control.
Comply with 2016 Affordable Care Act reporting requirements by working with Information Systems, Payroll and health insurance carriers to organize benefits data in ACA-prescribed format.
Implement select online CIRMA training for employees to minimize work disruptions associated with training off-site.
Work with CIRMA and Safety Committee to identify opportunities to improve safety and reduce loss claims.
Engage in employee records audit and make necessary modifications.
Continue to engage in office systems audit and streamline.
Identify employee health cost drivers, design and implement plan to reduce health costs.
Town of Glastonbury
Human Resources Department
PO Box 6523
Glastonbury CT 06033-6523
Town Hall, 2nd Floor
2155 Main Street
Glastonbury, CT 06033