Stay Home, Stay Safe, and Stay Engaged!
During this unique time, Glastonbury staff are making a concerted effort to identify creative ways to continue to offer various programming for community members. Please use the links below to learn more about how you can continue to participate in town programs during these unprecedented times. We will also be sharing activities, links, photos, and more on the Town Facebook page. Please follow us on Facebook to see all activities and if you have an idea you'd like to share, email us at email@example.com. Most importantly, remember to Stay Home, Stay Safe, and Stay Engaged!
Local Business Statuses
Click here to view a list of local restaurants and other businesses providing services during coronavirus pandemic (compiled by CT River Valley Chamber of Commerce.
Parks & Recreation
Lots of great programs and activities will be offered remotely and changing on a daily basis.
- Spring Fitness Classes – Our amazing fitness instructors are teaching classes online until we can resume in person classes. If you are interested in joining a class that has already begun, please email Liz at firstname.lastname@example.org to have the fee prorated for you. Click here for a full list of available classes.
- Live Streaming Fitness Classes through Personal Euphoria (Available now through June 11. Fees may apply.)
- Skyhawks - Remote Sports Programs
- Skyhawks Stay Active Videos on Youtube
Follow Glastonbury Parks & Recreation on Facebook and Instagram to see the latest programs using these links:
Links to exercise, cultural sites, trivia puzzles, games and more are available on the Glastonbury Facebook page. Follow them here to engage! https://www.facebook.com/glastonburyseniorcenter/
Senior programs are also being announced via email to interested participants. To sign up for updates, please call 860-652-7638 and leave your email address (speak slowly and clearly), or send your email address to Norma at email@example.com and indicate that you would like to be added to the mailing list.
Swim coaches are posting daily dryland workouts on their website. Visit https://www.teamunify.com/Home.jsp?_tabid_=0&team=ctgst to view.
- Online resources to keep children busy and learning - curated by Children's Librarians
- Bet You Can't Beat the Librarian - can you complete all activities posted by the librarians? Clues are posted M-W-F on WTML web pages. Click here for more info.
- "Read From Home: a Spring Reading Challenge" for adults and teens. (March 10-May 1) how many books can the town read in the next few weeks. Sign up on WTML web page.
- Reader's advisory services done via Facebook.
- Little Bookworms - Zoom storytimes offered at the following times:
- Tuesdays - May 5, 12, 19, 26 at 2:30-3:00 pm
- Thursdays - May 7, 14, 21, 28 at 10:30-11:00 am
- Registration will open one week before via the library's website calendar.
Pajama Stories - Wednesday, May 6, 13, 20, 27 at 6:00-6:30 pm - Registration will open one week before via the library's website calendar.
- Creativebug-arts and crafts video classes taught be recognized design experts and artists. For all ages.
- LearnItLive-live and on-demand classes focusing on health & wellness.
- Transparent Language Online-learn a language.
- Universal Class-over 500 online, non-credit courses. Attend classes, do assignments with real instructors.
Youth & Family Services
- Click here to view activities, games, and mental health resources from Glastonbury Youth & Family Services.
- View the Mental Health Tip of the Day
- Broadway Musical Video Contest - Create a video recreating your favorite Broadway Musical scene for a chance to win great prizes! More info on the YFS Facebook event page here.
Resources from Other Organizations
- Adolescents & Young Adults: Parenting During COVID-19 Webinar - provided by NJ National Association of Social Workers.
Learning Sites for Children to reinforce prior learning (as recommended by a substitute teacher):