Traffic Sign Requests

Routine repairs to existing traffic signs and replacement of damaged traffic signs in the town right-of-way are handled by the Town Highway Department.  To report a problem with an existing traffic sign please contact the Highway Garage at (860) 652-7749 or enter a QAlert via the Town web site.

Requests for new traffic signs in the town right-of-way must be reviewed and approved by the Chief of Police, who is the Local Traffic Authority (LTA) for the Town. Please contact the Police Department Traffic Sergeant at (860) 652-4254 to discuss a request for a new sign.