Town Waste Disposal Facilities Will Begin Accepting All Standard Materials
Effective May 26, 2020
Effective Tuesday, May 26, 2020, the Glastonbury waste disposal facilities will begin accepting ALL standard materials with applicable fees and permits as outlined in the Waste Disposal Guidelines. While the facilities will continue to operate under reduced schedules, all materials typically accepted at each facility will again be permissible. This supersedes all previous updates regarding limitations on acceptable materials at these facilities.
Prior to visiting Town waste disposal facilities, please note the following:
- All users are required to:
- Wear face masks/coverings
- Comply with social distancing requirements.
- Users are strongly encouraged to provide exact change for any cash transactions to minimize physical contact.
- New Refuse Permit issuance (purchase) remains SUSPENDED until further notice. Residents who do NOT currently have a permit may dispose of items for a fee, as outlined in the Waste Disposal Guidelines. Proof of residency is required. View waste disposal guidelines at www.glastonbury-ct.gov/recycle.
Effective Tuesday, May 26, 2020, the Transfer Station will accept all materials typically permitted at the facility and appropriate disposal or trip fees charged. “All materials” includes trash, recyclables, food waste, leaves/grass clippings, scrap metal, electronics, textiles, automotive items, etc. The only remaining changes from standard operations will be that the facility will continue to operate on a reduced schedule, and Put and Take will remain closed. No scavenging permitted.
- Tuesday and Saturday; 7:00 AM to 3:00 PM,
- Wednesday; 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM
- Thursday; 11:00 AM to 7:00 PM.
Bulky Waste Facility;
Effective Tuesday, May 26, 2020, the Bulky Waste Facility will return to accepting all standard items with applicable fees/permits required as outlined in the Waste Disposal Guidelines. Standard items include brush, stumps, and demolition materials. It will continue to operate under a reduced schedule as follows:
- Monday, Wednesday, Saturday; 7:00 AM to 3:00 PM