Snapshot of Recent Updates re: COVID-19
An Update of Updates if you will :)
During these challenging times, there is an extremely high volume of news and updates to keep up with and we want to help make things as simple as possible. To that end, we’ve compiled some highlights from the past week or two into this brief email update for your reference and convenience. Please review and share with anyone you think may find this useful.
Reference Guides for modified town services and facility schedules (Updated 3/23/2020) - PLEASE REVIEW!
- Reference Guide for Modified Town Services
- Town Facility Closures and Modified Schedules Reference Guide
The Town Manager issued the following message through the Everbridge Alert System on the evening of March 23, 2020: "This is Richard J. Johnson, Glastonbury Town Manager, with a brief message concerning current Town operations. Most town facilities are closed, programs canceled, and select facilities operating under modified schedules. Police, Fire, and Emergency Medical remain fully operational, with minor updates to non-essential services. Town staff, including the Customer Service Center, are working remotely and available by phone (860-652-7710) or email (email@example.com) during normal business hours to answer questions and provide assistance as needed. Contact information, daily updates, important resources, and ways to help others in the community are available at www.glastonbury-ct.gov/covid19, or you can contact Town staff should you have any questions or require assistance. Thank you."
News Highlights from the past week:
- First COVID-19 case detected in Glastonbury – see press release here from 3/20
- Presidential Primaries RESCHEDULED from April 28th to June 2, 2020.All absentee ballot applications presently on file with Town Clerk will be honored. Click here to learn more.
- Residents strongly discouraged from visiting town playgrounds, sports courts, and dog park.
- Restaurants limited to delivery/takeout only.
- Hair Salons and similar establishments asked to cease operations as of 8:00 pm on 3/20.
- Senior Services cancelled Gold Coast Trip with Tours of Distinction on April 22, 2020.
- Food Bank seeking support.Help your fellow community members by contributing a financial donation to the food bank.More info at www.glastonbury-ct.gov/glastonburygives.
As a reminder, please practice social distancing, thorough hand washing, and preventative measures outlined on the CDC website (www.cdc.gov/coronavirus) and follow the Town’s many communications platforms for up-to-date information pertaining to our community.
- Subscribe to receive real-time email updates system at www.glastonbury-ct.gov/enotify
- Follow the Town’s main Facebook page, and other social media web pages.
- Tell Us How We’re doing! If you appreciate our efforts or want to suggest ways to improve town processes and communications, submit your comments at www.glastonbury-ct.gov/feedback
We will continue to post updates as available and support our community through these unprecedented times. If you have any questions, please contact our Customer Service Center at (860) 652-7710 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re all in this together!