Town Council Regular Meeting - Held through Zoom Video Conferencing
- Date: 05/26/2020 7:00 PM - 9:30 PM
- Location: Held through Zoom Video Conferencing
This meeting was updated on
- 5/29 - Legal Notice of Action added - Legal Notice - Notice of Action - Bldg Heights, TV, Reserve for Land Acq-Pres. - PH 05-26-20
- 5/26 to provide the public comments and written testimony submitted by the 2pm deadline on 5/25. Scroll down to meeting document section to view.
- 5/22 to add the meeting agenda and packet. Scroll down to view.
- 5/20 to add the Zoom "join" information. See below.
In accordance with Governor Lamont’s executive order 7B.1 “Suspension of In-Person Open Meeting Requirements”, Glastonbury Town Council Meetings are currently being conducted through Zoom Video Conferencing. Three Public Hearings will also be held during this meeting.
- View the legal notice re: the Public Hearing for the $150,000 Appropriation & Transfer - Public Access TV Equipment - 05-26-2020
- View the legal notice re: the Public Hearing for the Town Code Article XVI - Reserve for Land Acquisition and Preservation - PH 05-26-2020
- View the legal notice re: the Public Hearing for the Building Zone Regulation Amendment - Building Heights in Certain locations - PH -05-26-2020
How to Join by...
Please click this URL to join. https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84823361163?pwd=TXBRMzFsNkdGZWdzVUU2VGNxRG1NUT09
- US: +1 646 558 8656
- Webinar ID: 848 2336 1163
- Password: 836368
How To Watch...
This meeting will be broadcast in real-time through Public Access Television on Channel 16, or live streamed on the town website. Click here to view by live streaming.
To Submit Public Comment for the Public Comment Session
If you would like to submit feedback for inclusion in the public comment session of this Council meeting, please click here to complete and submit the electronic Town Council Public Comment form by no later than 2:00 p.m. on Monday, May 25. Responses received AFTER that time will NOT be included in the public comment session.
To Submit Written Testimony to the Public HEARING
Written testimony for the public hearings held on May 26th may be provided in advance using the electronic submission form, or in real-time using the "raise hand" feature of Zoom. Instructions for both methods are as follows:
Submit written testimony using the electronic form...
To share written testimony IN ADVANCE of this meeting, click here and submit an electronic written testimony submission form. Be sure to select the specific public hearing topic for which you're submitting testimony on question #5 of the form. Electronic submissions must be sent by no later than 2:00 p.m. on Monday, May 25. Feedback must be submitted by this deadline to be read to record during the public hearing.
Submit "written testimony" in real-time during the Public Hearing...
If joining the meeting through Zoom, you may submit public HEARING comment (in lieu of written testimony) using the following instructions .
- At the appropriate time during the meeting, the Council Chair will announce when the forum is open for public hearing comment and attendees can use the “raise hand” function as follows:
- VIRTUALLY: press “raise hand” button at the bottom of the Zoom meeting screen; or
- BY PHONE: press *9 on your key pad to “raise hand”
- The Council Chair or Zoom meeting host will announce each speaker by name or phone number when it is their time to speak. At that time, the speaker’s microphone will be enabled for comment by the meeting host.
- It will be necessary to state your full name and address when you are prompted for comment.
- Please indicate when your public comment is complete so the Council Chair or meeting host may then announce the next speaker. The meeting host will then mute your microphone.
- Public hearing comment is restricted to no more than five (5) minutes and a person may not speak more than once.
- As a reminder, when you are making public hearing comment, if you are also watching the meeting on TV or Town website livestream, you will need to mute those devices while speaking to avoid background noise and broadcast delays created on the livestream.