Town Council Regular Meeting - Held through Zoom Video Conferencing
- Date: 05/12/2020 7:00 PM - 9:30 PM
- Location: Zoom Virtual Meeting
Minutes added on 5/20. Please scroll down to view.
Meeting update - 5/12/2020
- Public Comments and written testimony submitted in advance of the meeting has been added. Scroll down to view.
Meeting updated to add agenda and packet documents (Scroll down to view).
Meeting information updated on 5/7 to include join and public comment/written testimony instructions.
Meeting begins at 7:00 p.m.
Public Hearing starts at 8:00 p.m.
In accordance with Governor Lamont’s executive order 7B.1 “Suspension of In-Person Open Meeting Requirements”, Glastonbury Town Council Meetings are currently being conducted through Zoom Video Conferencing. A Public Hearing will also be held during this meeting at 8:00 p.m. Click here to read the legal notice for this public hearing on May 12th.
The Glastonbury public may view the virtual meetings as an attendee. Attendees will be in “view and listen only mode” and will not be able to activate their webcam or their microphone. Please see instructions below regarding how to join using various devices, and how to contribute public comment (for public comment sessions) or written testimony for the public hearing.
JOIN MEETING VIRTUALLY through Zoom Video Conferencing Application
(by PC, MAC, IPAD, IPHONE OR ANDROID DEVICE)
- Website Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82477877903?pwd=T2ExNXhJclJBZ3J4dnhUZGhmSW9OZz09
- Password: 836368
- Please be sure to use your full name as your screen name.
JOIN MEETING BY PHONE:
Dial in by phone for audio only or for higher quality audio in conjunction with video participation.
- US: +1 646 558 8656
- Webinar ID: 824 7787 7903
- Password: 836368
To Submit Public Comment for the Public Comment Session
If you would like to submit feedback for inclusion in the public comment session of this Council meeting, please click here to complete and submit the electronic Town Council Public Comment form by no later than 2:00 p.m. on Monday, May 11th. Responses received AFTER that time will NOT be included in the public comment session.
To Submit Written Testimony to the Public HEARING
Written testimony for this public hearing may be provided in advance using the electronic submission form, or in real-time using the "raise hand" feature of Zoom
Submit written testimony using the electronic form...
To share written testimony IN ADVANCE of this meeting, click here and submit an electronic written testimony submission form. Electronic submissions must be sent by no later than 2:00 p.m. on Monday, May 11th. Feedback must be submitted by this deadline to be read to record during the public hearing.
Submit "written testimony" in real-time during the Public Hearing...
If joining the meeting through Zoom, you may submit public HEARING comment (in lieu of written testimony) using the following instructions .
- At the appropriate time during the meeting, the Council Chair will announce when the forum is open for public hearing comment and attendees can use the “raise hand” function as follows:
- VIRTUALLY: press “raise hand” button at the bottom of the Zoom meeting screen; or
- BY PHONE: press *9 on your key pad to “raise hand”
- The Council Chair or Zoom meeting host will announce each speaker by name or phone number when it is their time to speak. At that time, the speaker’s microphone will be enabled for comment by the meeting host.
- It will be necessary to state your full name and address when you are prompted for comment.
- Please indicate when your public comment is complete so the Council Chair or meeting host may then announce the next speaker. The meeting host will then mute your microphone.
- Public hearing comment is restricted to no more than five (5) minutes and a person may not speak more than once.
- As a reminder, when you are making public hearing comment, if you are also watching the meeting on TV or Town website livestream, you will need to mute those devices while speaking to avoid background noise and broadcast delays created on the livestream.
How To Watch...
This meeting will be broadcast in real-time through Public Access Television on Channel 16, or live streamed on the town website. Click here to view by live streaming.