Ribbon cutting of new Facilities office, located at 2143 Main Street - Academy Building on May 6, 2009.
The Facilities Maintenance Department is responsible for the operation and maintenance of all Town facilities. These functions include operation, maintenance, repair and improvements of all facilities, custodial services, and utilities procurement and management and they are provided through a combination of in-house and contracted services. Recent initiatives and accomplishments include:
• Glastonbury Town Hall was one of twelve office buildings in the State of Connecticut to earn the US EPA’s Energy Star award for energy efficiency in 2007.
• Installed high efficiency, low mercury containing lamps in Town buildings.
• Competitively procure electricity and gas for Town and Board of Education facilities.
• Earned over $880,000 since 2000 in utility company rebates for energy efficiency measures.
• Participation in ISO-New England “Demand Response Program” to reduce peak demand on the energy grid.
• Implementing waste recycling in Town facilities.
• Identification and evaluation of clean energy and co-generation applications and opportunities and performance of “lease vs. buy” analyses for street lights.
Last updated: 5/18/2009 11:39:01 AM