The Information Technology Division serves the technology needs of all Departments and Divisions of the Town of Glastonbury with the exception of the Glastonbury Public Schools. The primary purpose of this division is to utilize technology to provide tools to more effectively perform tasks that involve the processing, storage, and dissemination of information.
The Division supports approximately 30 Network servers and 400 Computer Workstations along with associated printers, network switches, and routers. The Town’s Local Area Network encompasses 14 facilities utilizing a town-wide fiber optic network connecting about 30 schools and town buildings.
- Support approximately 30 Network servers and 400 Computer Workstations along with associated printers, network switches, and routers.
- Assist Town Departments with evaluation of potential new technologies that can enhance services offered or improve productivity.
- Support Public Access Computers and Wireless Internet Access to the Public at multiple locations around the town.
- Provide a reliable and robust computing environment to town staff via 99%+ availability to local area and wide area network resources.
- Maintain and replace equipment on an efficient basis such that equipment is used as long as possible without becoming a productivity liability to town staff.
- Provide timely service response to network difficulties and equipment malfunctions such that staff productivity impact is minimal.
Specific Goals and Initiatives for Fiscal Year 2015
- Evaluate multiple regional software applications as available and applicable.
- Redesign town website incorporating upgrades, including expansion of online opportunities and addition of social media applications.
Last updated: 9/16/2014 4:16:39 PM