The Accounting Division's mission is to administer cash management, accounts payable, and payroll responsibilities to provide complete, timely, and accurate financial information to the Town managment to assist in decision making.
- Prepare the year-end comprehensive annual financial report
- Produce monthly budget and other financial reports for management and other policy boards
- Manage cash flow and invest idle funds to maximize interest income
- Review internal controls to ensure that proper controls are in place and control procedures are being followed
- Process biweekly payroll and issue all disbursements in a timely manner
- Administer the accounts receivable billing system
Goals for 2012
- Retain the Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting
- Initiate a pilot test of procurement card use in conjunction with Purchasing and Financial Administration by June 2011. In addition to reducing the time required to process high-volume low-dollar transactions, use of procurement cards will allow the town to reduce the number of checks issued and the number of days in the payment cycle.
- Complete testing and implement electronic interface of financial data from the tax system into the general ledger by June 2011.
- Continue to monitor investment opportunities and alternatives to ensure safety of principal and maximize earnings during a period of record low interest rates
- Initiate testing of decentralized invoice entry by user departments to eliminate duplicative effort by April 2012.
Town Hall, Second Level
2155 Main Street, PO Box 6523
Glastonbury, CT 06033-6523
Last updated: 10/10/2014 11:48:44 AM