The Refuse Division provides oversight of all solid and Hazardous Waste programs to ensure the safe and efficient disposal and protection of public health in compliance with Federal and State discharge permit requirements.
- Provide effective Refuse and Recycling programs for waste generated within the Town.
- Operation of the Transfer Station/Recycling facility and Satellite program.
- Operation of the Bulky Waste Facility for disposal of demolition and construction related waste and the mining – processing of excavated materials for Town use.
- Provide effective Household Hazardous Waste disposal program as an active member of the Capitol Region Operating Committee.
- Ensure community is informed regarding current programs and services related to all aspects of solid waste disposal and recycling.
- Issuance and enforcement of waste disposal permit program including commercial waste collectors.
Goals now and for the future
- Electronic Waste recycling legislation passed. A phased in program will be implemented statewide.
- Continue to refine the composting program to enhance revenues and efficiencies.
- Continue to review recycling program efforts to maximize where feasible to help offset significant increase in refuse disposal fees.
Last updated: 5/9/2013 2:58:20 PM