The Engineering Division is one of three divisions of the Department of Physical Services under the direction of the Town Engineer / Manager of Physical Services. This division is generally responsible for review and inspection of all construction activities within the public rights-of-way and for review of proposed developments to determine compliance with Town standards and effects on public infrastructure and private properties.
Some of the principal programs, services, and activities offered by this division are as follows:
- In-house engineering and land surveying services for roads, storm drainage, sanitary sewers, sidewalks, recreational facilities, and other new Town infrastructure;
- Review of proposed developments for conformance with Town design standards and to determine effects on public infrastructure and private property;
- Construction inspection and project management for facilities that will become part of the Town’s infrastructure;
- Technical and secretarial support to the Water Pollution Control Authority;
- Response to citizen inquiries and requests for service regarding traffic controls, storm drainage systems, and road conditions;
- Processing of right-of-way permits and inspection of construction within Town rights-of-way;
- Processing of sanitary sewer permits and inspection of sanitary sewer connections;
- Performance of recurring inspections of Town infrastructure;
- Maintenance of topographic and cadastral mapping for the Town;
- Maintenance of the Town’s Geographic Information System (GIS) including the GIS website that allows for public access to a wide range of infrastructure and property information;
- Administration of the Annual Sidewalk Repair and Replace Program that provides funding for repairs to existing sidewalks and the Miscellaneous Sidewalk Program that provides funding to fill in gaps in the Town’s sidewalk network;
- Administration and implementation of the Town’s Stormwater Management Plan, which includes provisions for preventing stormwater pollution within the Town’s network of catch basins and storm drains.
Last updated: 9/12/2014 2:58:19 PM