The mission of the Facilities Maintenance Department is to provide comprehensive operations and maintenance management of all municipal buildings and facilities to ensure cost effective operations, high quality customer service, and exceptional working environment. Manage all capital building construction projects for the Town and the Board of Education. The Academy Complex, previously accounted for separately, is now part of the Facilities Maintenance budget. Activities in the Academy Complex include Town facilities, Information Technology, and the Recreation Department, including several Parks & Recreation sponsored programs and activities.
The principal programs, services and activities offered by this division are:
· Manage all utilities and communications services and accounts valued at over $1,500,000, annually, for
all Town Departments.
· Perform in-house maintenance, repair, custodial services, and improvements for over 298,000 square
feet of facilities.
· Manage over 25 facilities services and consultant contracts, annually.
· Manage an average of $5 million of construction, annually.
· Provide staff support to the Public Buildings Commission.
All public building projects are managed by the Department and staff support is provided to the Public Buildings Commission. The Public Buildings Commission acts at the direction of the Town Council in matters pertaining to the acquisition, construction and/or modification of public buildings and land directly associated therewith by the town, and shall perform such other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Town Council.
Dave Sacchitella, Building Superintendent, (860) 652-7706
Lori Riley, Executive Secretary, (860) 652-7703
Robert Planeta, Building Supervisor, (860) 652-7704
Daniel Fichera, Custodial Supervisor, (860) 652-7704
Robert Kalberer, Inventory Specialist (860) 652-7705
Karen DiNino, Utility Clerk (860) 652-4652
Fax: (860) 368-2233