Staff Qualifications and Professional Organizations
Mary F. Visone, CPPB, is employed by the Town of Glastonbury as Purchasing Agent to protect the interests of the Town of Glastonbury taxpayers, and is responsible for assuring fair and equitable treatment to all vendors. The Purchasing Agent is charged with the responsibility of procurement of all supplies, materials, and equipment required, as well as contracts for all services. All competitive solicitations are also handled by the Purchasing Agent.
The Town of Glastonbury Purchasing Department is a member of several professional purchasing organizations:
|National Institute of Governmental Purchasing (NIGP)|
|The Connecticut Association of Purchasing Management (CAPM)|
|The Public Purchasing Association of Connecticut (PPAC)|
|Capitol Region Purchasing Council (CRPC)|
The Purchasing staff adheres to strict ethical standards in accordance with the NIGP Code of Ethics, Town of Glastonbury Code of Ethics, Town of Glastonbury Charter Section 1101-Conflict of Interest, as well as the legal and ethical requirements outlined in the Town of Glastonbury Purchasing Policy and Procedures.
- The Town does not maintain a vendor/bidders list; vendors may submit information to the Purchasing Agent to be forwarded to the appropriate user department(s).
- All Purchases made by the Town must have an applicable purchase order number,Town of Glastonbury Purchase Order Terms & Conditions, with the exception of transactions made with a Town credit card.
- The Town is a tax exempt public agency, taxes are not to be included in any purchase. Contractors are advised to use State of Connecticut form CERT-141 for all tax exempt materials and supplies to be installed or placed in a Town project which remain in the project after its completion.
- All Town vendors must complete and submit an Affirmative Action Form.
- Vendors desiring to visit with the Purchasing staff are encouraged to make an appointment by calling (860) 652-7588 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. Sales visits to other departments are permissible; however, those departments will need to be contacted directly. Appointments for other departments are not coordinated through Purchasing. Vendors may leave literature for all departments with the Purchasing office.
Office Hours: 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM (Monday through Friday)