The Town of Glastonbury has completed the property revaluation for the October 1, 2017 Grand List. A revaluation determines the current fair market value of all real estate in town, both commercial and residential. It equalizes the values of all properties for the purpose of a fair distribution of the tax burden.
The major phases of a municipal revaluation are typically performed in the following order:
- Data Collection, which involves physical inspections of properties.
- Market Analysis, which involves analyzing market sales occurring in the previous two years.
- Valuation, pertaining to the results & conclusions of sales data.
- Field Review, which involves revaluation company personnel driving through Glastonbury and reviewing all properties to update the Assessor’s database.
- Informal Hearings, which are an opportunity for owners to discuss value & property information with revaluation company personnel.
A detailed explanation of the revaluation process, as well as answers to frequently asked questions, may be found on the Vision Government Solutions website at www.vgsi.com Notices of new assessment were mailed to each property owner in November. If you wish to review the updated information on a property in Glastonbury please click here: http://gis.vgsi.com/glastonburyct/