Dog Park Manual
CLICK HERE to download guidelines, park rules, etiquette and important information before you visit the Glastonbury Dog Park!
Dog Park Rules
Dogs may be allowed off leash within the fenced area of the dog park subject to the rules and regulations set forth below:
- Owners/attendants of a dog are responsible for the acts and conduct of their dog at all times when it is in a Town park. Park users and dog owners/attendants assume all risks related to use of the dog park.
- Park hours: One half hour before sunrise to one half hour after sunset.
- Smoking and food are not allowed within the dog park.
- All dogs must have valid rabies vaccinations and wear tag on collar. If tag is lost, dog attendant must be prepared to provide current rabies vaccination paperwork on demand.
- All dogs six months and older must wear license on collar.
- Females in heat, sick dogs, aggressive dogs and dogs under four months of age are not allowed.
- Dogs with a known history of aggressive or dangerous behavior are not allowed.
- Dogs must be on a leash when entering and exiting the off-leash area.
- Attendants must keep a leash in hand for each dog at all times.
- Dogs must be attended, within sight and under voice control of their attendant at all times.
- Users are limited to two dogs per person at any one time.
- Children under the age of 16 are not allowed in the park unless accompanied by an attendant 16 years of age or older.
- Choke, prong, pinch, spiked and electronic collars must be removed when your dog is in the park.
- Dogs that display either aggressive or dangerous behavior must be immediately leashed and removed by their attendant.
- Attendants must immediately cleanup and remove dog feces left by their dog. Attendants must possess a device for feces removal. Waste must be disposed of in proper receptacles.
- Attendants are responsible for filling holes and repairing damage caused by their dog.
- Dog treats, chews and dog bones are not allowed in the park.
- Pets other than dogs are not allowed in the park.
- Bikes, strollers, baby carriages, skateboards, skates, rollerblades and motorized vehicles (except park maintenance) are not allowed.