Seasonal Employment Application
APPLICATIONS FOR 2017 SEASONAL EMPLOYMENT ARE NOW BEING ACCEPTED: EARLY APPLICATIONS ARE ENCOURAGED. The closing date, or last day to apply is March 3. Closing date extended - open until filled. Most interviews will be conducted between March 6-early May. Every effort will be made to notify all applicants of the status of their application by May 1.
- CLICK HERE for the Parks & Recreation Application.
- For a listing of available positions, job requirements, rate of pay and other details, CLICK HERE.
April Vacation Mulch Days at Smith Middle School
Earn money on the April Spring Break! Help make your Town look better. The Parks and Recreation Department is hiring temporary workers to edge, weed, and mulch landscape beds during spring break from Monday, April 10th through Thursday, April 13th. Must be at least 15 years old and able to work from 7:30 a.m.-3:00 p.m. No driver’s license is needed. Day will begin and end at Smith Middle School and work will be outdoors in all kinds of weather. Temperatures can range from very cold in the morning to very warm in the afternoon and dress should be in layers to adjust to conditions. Work clothes and work shoes (no sneakers) are needed; dress should be appropriate and neat, but suitable for getting dirty, wet and muddy. The work is physical and requires bending, lifting, and raking. Lunch will be one half hour on site – be prepared accordingly. It is not necessary to be available for all 4 days, though preference will be given to those who are. Pay rate is $10.10/hr. Respond by submitting the APRIL VACATION MULCH DAY APPLICATION to the Parks and Recreation Department at 2143 Main Street (the old Academy School). Applicants are encouraged to submit an application as soon as possible - open until filled.
Recruitment for employment generally begins several months prior to each season and is a highly competitive process. Previous year employees are offered an opportunity to return and then applications are screened to fill any remaining positions. Applications are screened for minimum requirements and applicants are notified to set-up interviews. Here are a few tips to help you through the process:
- Get your applications in early, even if the deadline is months away.
- Your application is the first thing we see, fill it our completely and make it look great!
- Each individual who meets the minimum requirements will not necessarily receive an interview. The information provided in the application will help to determine who receives a personal interview.
- Two (2) written employment reference forms will be REQUIRED. So that your application may be given proper consideration, you are encouraged to submit the attached forms as part of your application.
- Distinguish yourself by listing all applicable experience and honors you can think of! You are encouraged to attach additional sheets detailing previous experience, special skills, or any other information that may pertain to the job you are applying for.
- List all possible positions you would like to apply for on the application!
- If you are a college student living away from home, please attach the following information:
- Include specific dates that you are available for an interview, weekdays if possible.
- Provide a school mailing address, phone number and email.
- Be as specific as possible in the "Dates Available" section on the front of the application (i.e. when you can start work, and through what date can you work).
Music & Arts Volunteers
Music & Arts Camp is a specialty camp for children who are entering grades 3-9. Volunteers are needed to assist teachers in art, instrumental music, dance and drama classes. Those wishing to volunteer must complete a Parks & Recreation Application and submit to the Parks & Recreation office by March 3rd. Interviews are conducted in March and everyone will be notified of their status by May 1st. The number of volunteer positions available varies depending on how many volunteers are returning. Up to 8 positions may be available.
Camp Sunrise Volunteers:
Camp Sunrise is a special needs camp for children ages 3-21 years old. The camp runs from the end of June to the beginning of August Monday-Friday from 9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. at Smith Middle School. Volunteers who are completing hours for Health & PE Credit (must be recommended by your school Guidance Counselor) should download and complete the "Application for Health & PE Credit". All other volunteers should download and complete the "Non-Health and PE Credit Application". Please make sure to read through the deadlines and guidelines thoroughly.
- Camp Sunrise Volunteer Application for Health & PE Credit
- Camp Sunrise Volunteer Application Non-Health & PE Credit