The Town of Glastonbury has contracted with Vision Government Solutions Inc. to perform the property revaluation for the 2017 Grand List. Vision will be working with the Assessor’s Office to make this 14-month project a successful one. The last revaluation was completed in 2012 and current state laws require towns to revalue every five years. A revaluation will determine the current fair market value of every property in town, both commercial and residential. It equalizes the values of all properties for the purpose of a fair distribution of the tax burden.
The major phases of a municipal revaluation are typically performed in the following order:
- Data Collection, initiated in February 2017, involves physical inspections of properties
- Market Analysis, involves analysis of market sales occurring between August 2016 and October 2017
- Valuation, pertaining to the results & conclusions of sales data, will begin in spring of 2017 and will be finalized in November 2017
- Field Review, involves Vision personnel driving through Glastonbury and reviewing all properties to update the Assessor’s database
- Informal Hearings, scheduled for mid-December 2017, are an opportunity for owners to discuss valuations & property information with Vision personnel
A detailed explanation of the revaluation process, as well as answers to frequently asked questions, can be found on the Vision Government Solutions website at www.vgsi.com
In the Data Collection phase, Vision personnel will knock on doors to request an inspection and take exterior photos. They will carry Vision identification and their cars will be marked with an “Assessor’s Office” sign posted in the vehicle window. In addition, their car will be registered with the Glastonbury Police Department as well as the Assessor’s Office at the Town Hall. Field Review personnel will typically inspect properties from the street or driveways of homes, and their vehicles will also be marked with identifying signage and registered with the Glastonbury Police Department. As noted previously, this process is already underway therefore residents should take note of this potential activity in their neighborhoods.
If you have questions about the revaluation process or need additional information, please contact the Assessor’s office at (860) 652-7600.
DATA VERIFICATION LETTER
The Town of Glastonbury is undergoing a revaluation of all real estate parcels, which will be effective for the 2017 Grand List. We are using Vision Government Solutions, formerly known as Vision Appraisal.
Recently Vision Government Solutions mailed data verification letters to all residential property owners. We ask that you review and verify the information on them, and if any changes are necessary mail the form back as instructed.
PLEASE DO NOT SEND THIS FORM BACK IF THERE ARE NO CHANGES TO YOUR DATA.