Mission: Glastonbury will embrace sustainable public policy and serve as a leader in the employment of sustainable practices and techniques while providing the highest level of municipal services and facilities to the community in ways that protect the natural and built environment for current and future generations.
Glastonbury's Green Initiatives are covered in 6 major categories.
- Energy Efficiency
- Natural Resource Conservation & Management
- Potential and Future Initiatives
- Procurement and Work Practices
- Transportation (Fleet and Highway)
- Waste Reduction and Recycling
Additional Helpful Links:
- Buy Local Produce at Glastonbury's farms
- C-PACE (Commercial Property Assessed Clean Energy)
- Energy Saving Resources for Residents
- EPA Guidelines for Green Building
For case studies on green Town projects, please click read previously published Glastonbury Goes Green Bulletins.
Glastonbury's Green Initiatives program operates under the direction of the Town Manager. The committee is chaired by the Purchasing Agent and the Superintendent of Sanitation. Committee members from across Town departments participate and contribute ideas and suggestions committed to a "greener" community. The committee assembles information about products and services and makes the information available to specific departments that can evaluate them and develop applications in Town projects with the approval of the Town Manager.
For further information, or to make a suggestion for a green initiative, please contact Mary Visone, Purchasing Agent, at (860) 652-7588 or Mike Bisi, Superintendent of Sanitation, at (860) 652-7772.