- Date: 10/19/2017 3:00 PM - 7:00 PM
- Location: Academy Building
2143 Main Street
GLASTONBURY, Connecticut 06033
One of 3 walk-in flu clinics offered this season by the Glastonbury Health Department, this clinic is open to Glastonbury residents age 9 years and older. The clinics will be held on three Thursdays this fall in the Academy School Cafeteria on the following dates:
- September 28th (1-5 pm)
- October 19th (3-7 pm)
- November 16th (1-5 pm)
This year, the Health Department is partnering with the Healthy Choices program to administer Flublok quadrivalent influenza vaccine for those 18 years and up. Flublok is manufactured using modern recombinant DNA technology which means it is not cultured in eggs & contains no egg proteins or gluten. It contains no thimerosal, antibiotics nor latex. For those 9-17 years old, Flucelvax (egg and preservative free) and Fluarix will be available - both are quadrivalent.
What you need:
- Your insurance card(s) and a photo ID.
- In order to minimize wait time at the clinics, please print and complete the attached consent form prior to arriving at the clinic.
- Short sleeve/sleeveless shirt to allow easy access to the shoulder for the injection.
For more information about the 2017-18 flu Season, visit the CDC website here.